Deputy Shift Leader
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: Rotating 12 hour day / night shift covering a 24/7 operating window
Salary: Competitive Salary (+ shift allowance)
Purpose of the Role:
The Deputy Shift Leader role is to assist the Shift Leader with the successful running of an IT Command Centre Team ensuring that service and Service Level Agreements are maintained. Also ensuring that operating, procedures, reporting and documentation are carried out and maintained to the agreed standards, both by themselves and the team as a whole.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deputise for the Shift Leader role as and when required
- Manage all incidents to conclusion or escalate as appropriate
- Maintain and improve operating practices on the team
- To be a point of contact for Management, service delivery and support teams as required
- Operate system job schedules using BMC Control M, Metalogic Supervisor and other scheduling products.
- Repair schedule issues where necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Supervisory Skills
- A full understanding of all IT Command Centre tools, alerting and automation.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT systems.
- A full understanding of the incident management process.
- A good knowledge of Services and SLA's.
- ITIL knowledge.
- BMC Control
- Metalogic Supervisor