Deputy Production Manager - Leicester - competitive salary
Chase and Holland have had the chance to again work with a Leicester based manufacturing business. Having successfully supported them with a number of positions, we are now helping them recruit a Deputy Production Manager. It’s a permanent position based around a shift pattern - this being two days on two days off, 3 days on and 3 days off.
Deputy Production Manager responsibilities:
- Management of a large team via team leaders with overall responsibility for assigned day and night shifts
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained at all times and actively lead by example challenging non-conformance where required
- Challenge existing standards to continuously improve quality of products
- To ensure that all production orders are made to agreed budgets and investigate and resolve when outside of budget
- Plan ahead for future production requirements, considering staffing levels, skills and cost
- Develop and monitor individual training plans for shift members as well as personal development for each shift member
- Be responsible and drive Key Performance Indicators, ensuring a Continuous improvement approach to improvements
- Liaise with suppliers and customers (internal) to establish requirements and participate in problem solving exercises.
Key requirements and preferences:
- Ideally a degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering/scientific discipline
- Strong technical and Production management background in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable leadership experience and skills
- Experience of taking a lead role in continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrable lean implementation success using 5s, Six Sigma
In return you’ll receive:
- The chance to join this business during an exciting time of growth and change
- The opportunity to work with a friendly, hardworking team
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Deputy Production Manager opportunity, click 'apply now'.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance, Supply Chain, HR and IT recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'