Deputy Nursery Manager
Duration: 1 x Full time, Maternity cover (6-12 months) - Wolverton
1 x Full time, Maternity Cover (5 months) - Neath Hill
Locations: Wolverton and Neath Hill, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Are you a Deputy Manager? Looking to work for a more forward thinking company? Want more responsibility and recognition?
We are the fastest growing childcare provider in the South East, with 7 sites in Milton Keynes, as well as venues in Bury St Edmunds, Leighton Buzzard, Kettering, London and St Albans. Due to expansion and continued success, we are currently seeking 2 committed, experienced Childcare professionals to assist the Managers in leading our established teams at our Day Nursery's in Wolverton and Neath Hill, Milton Keynes.
This varied and challenging position is definitely for an experienced Childcare Professional, working on a full time basis of 40 hours per week.
Please note, the position at Neath Hill is maternity cover for 5 months, the position at Wolverton is initially on a maternity cover basis of 6-12 months. Both could potentially lead to permanent contracts.
This role will be exciting, challenging and extremely rewarding! We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including:
- 50% off childcare (including Holiday Camp)
- Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
- External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss.
- Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
- Free hot lunches every day
- 28 days annual holiday, after 2 years of service these increase by 1 day per year, up to 33 days holiday!
- Free uniform
- NEST Pension scheme for all staff
- Monthly staff lottery and employee of the month
- Company awards ceremony every 2 years
To develop and maintain the day to day organising and functionality of the room provisions, leading a team of Practitioners.To provide a happy safe, secure and stimulating environment in which the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and psychological development of the children is taken in to full account.To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To take full day to day responsibility for the efficient running of the room facility.
- To help deal with staff records and help with appraisals.
- To be responsible for maintaining as close to possible the predicted occupancy levels.
- To provide an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self-motivation and eagerness to learn.
- To establish, in conjunction with the childcare SENCO, individual programmes for any children with special needs.
- To treat information of matters relating to the work within the setting as confidential.
- To ensure any injury or accident or suspicion of non-accidental injury are recorded correctly or reported.
- To ensure a high standard of hygiene in relation to staff, children, equipment and surroundings.
- To ensure Kids play policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure that the ofsted standards including EYFS is followed at all times.
- To support the nursery manager in striving to deliver an outstanding setting
- To work within the set company budgets, support the manager in controlling monthly invoices and direct debits
- To manage the setting within the set standards in the absence of the nursery manager
Qualifications and Skills
- This post requires a minimum relevant level 3 qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Satisfactory clearance of criminal records bureau
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working with children and families
- Experience of working with children within the age group of 0yrs to 5yrs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Dealing with admin and record keeping
- Keeping and recording Budgets
- Empathy with children and can cater for individual needs
Kids Play Childcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Early Years
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'