As a Deputy Manager at one of our nurseries, you will be supporting the Nursery Manager of the setting to lead and manage a team of childcare practitioners who are responsible for providing first class care to children within the local community, but also providing mentorship to colleagues at all levels in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
Here at Tops Day Nurseries, we look for leaders who support us to achieve 'Outstanding’ Ofsted inspections, who have excellent management and mentorship skills and who are passionate about assisting the running of a fun, stimulating and nurturing environment for both children and staff.
You will be an exceptional mentor who has proven experience in assisting the development and implementation of strategies in current processes.
You will have impeccable interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively to colleagues of all levels of seniority, building superb working relationships to ensure common goals can be achieved.
You will need to have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ in Childcare (or equivalent) and supervisory training. It is also imperative you hold a Paediatric First Aid Certificate and Health & Safety certificate.
A clear and valid DBS is paramount and overseas applicants will need a clear and valid certificate of good conduct. Please note we will conduct a suitability check prior to interview.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for overseeing a unit and assisting specialists in the nursery, such as Behaviour management representatives, SENCO, H&S rep, Equal opportunities etc.
- Ensure that suitable opportunities, activities and resources are provided for all the children relevant to their age/stage and development needs to the requirements of external organisations.
- Communicate with parents to ensure that all fees are paid and that parents are satisfied with the provision of care provided. You will also know how to operate a fees system including invoicing, collecting money, banking and reporting on financial targets.
- Ensure that all staff are supported in their training and development and their job satisfaction. Ensure that all staff are mentored /coached appropriately.
- Support the Nursery Manager and to manage the setting in Managers absence
- To be committed to the safe guarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
(Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of the duties/responsibilities involved)
- Child Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'