Deputy Nursery Manager
Nelson Permanent Placements are pleased to be representing our client based in Tamworth who are a privately owned Day Nursery.
Due to recent growth, they are looking for an experienced Deputy Nursery Manager to support the Nursery Manger and in the absence of the manager, assist with the day-to-day management of the nursery to ensure that parents/ carers are provided with high quality childcare which meets the requirements of Ofsted, follows the EYFS and is strongly influenced by the Reggio Emilia approach.
As a Deputy Nursery Manager your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for the children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential, and to ensure that activities and resources provided meet our Reggio Emilia ethos.
- To ensure that the requirements of the Children Act and the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage are met.
- To support the staff team with Planning in the moment and ensuring records are kept and resources are available to ensure that children’s learning needs are met in appropriate and creative ways, in accordance with the EYFS and our Reggio inspired ethos.
- To effectively work with and supervise Early Years Practitioners/students and volunteers on a day-to-day basis and ensure that the activities that are on offer every day are well thought out, suitable and are exciting and engaging.
- Following the EYFS guidelines, Parents as Partners, establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children’s learning and development and values parental involvement.
- Work alongside the staff team to create a Reggio inspired environment that compliments the EYFS and encourages a child led approach to learning both indoors and outdoors.
- Build relationships with the children and their families, to build up a good partnership towards the care and the development of their children.
- To ensure that the service respects children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- To assist in reviewing and implementing policies and procedures of the nursery to ensure equality of access for children and families.
- Promote positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Ensure health and safety and well-being of staff, children, parents and visitors at all times.
- To be key person for a designated group of children in addition to having overall duty of care to all children within the nursery, ensuring the safety and well-being of all children at all times. Ensure children’s development records and learning journals on Tapestry are kept up to date and support the staff team in completing and maintaining these records.
- To support and guide staff to complete quality assessments and observations, 2 year checks, progress summaries on Tapestry and to develop activities throughout the nursery.
- Work closely with the staff in a respectful manner to help them develop reflective practice and reflect on the nursery environment, and be a good role model to them
To make contact and liaise with external agencies when appropriate.
To adhere to all policies and procedures of Nursery.
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
Make day-to-day managerial decisions in the absence of the Manager.
To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post with regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To carry out general duties throughout the nursery such as ensuring the cleanliness of the nursery and the equipment
To remain professional and maintain a positive image of its aims and work and to attend meetings and forums as directed by the Manager.
To attend and participate in staff meetings, planning and development days outside normal working hours.
To carry out any other duties which will be seen to enhance the work of the organisation.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post following all policies and procedures of the setting
You can expect a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period) plus the opportunity to work for a great organisation. Due to our location you will need to have access to your own transport.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"