Deputy Nursery Manager / Third in Charge (Room Based) - Wandsworth, London
Duration: Full-time - 40 hours per week (rotational shift pattern)
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Free Car Parking
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, proactive Deputy Nursery Manager / Third in Charge for an established nursery based in the London Borough of Wandsworth.
This a permanent, full-time position within a friendly team and is a 'room-based’ leadership role.
This nursery is open 51 weeks per year and, based on 40 hours per week, there is rotating shift pattern within the opening hours of 07:30 - 18:30, Mon-Fri.
About the Nursery |Deputy Manager
- Located in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- The nursery aims to provide a stimulating and welcoming environment both indoors and outdoors for children aged 6 months - 4 years.
- Registered capacity: 35 children
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri, 07:30 - 18:30
- Easily accessible by road and excellent transport links.
The Job Role | Deputy Manager
- As the Deputy Nursery Manager, you will work alongside the Nursery Manager, to ensure the smooth running of the nursery, ensuring that nursery life is safe, stimulating and compliant with EYFS, Ofsted and safeguarding requirements.
- Provide leadership in training staff and deliver high quality practice within the nursery.
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues.
Personal Specification | Deputy Manager
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience working within childcare.
- You will have a genuine understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and values of the Nursery and work effectively alongside the Manager and Director in managing the Nursery.
- Excellent knowledge of how young children learn
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong partnerships with parents
- Good people management skills with experience of managing staff performance
Required Skills | Deputy Manager
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification or above in childcare
- At least 1 years’ supervisory/management experience
- At least 2 years’ childcare experience
- First Aid certified
- Safeguarding certified
Desired Skills (not essential) | Deputy Manager
- BA Hons Degree in Early Years
Please apply for this Nursery Manager role if you have the following experience:
Deputy Nursery Manager | Third in Charge | Senior Nursery Practitioner | Nursery Manager | Nursery Management | Early Years | EYFS | Safeguarding | NVQ Level 3 | First Aid | Safeguarding | Childcare
Interviews: to be held ASAP
Social Care & Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job