Room-based Deputy Nursery Manager / Assistant Nursery Manager - Hackney, London
Duration: Full-time, Permanent- 40 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Monthly Bonus
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, proactive Deputy Nursery Manager for an established Private nursery based in the London Borough of Hackney. This a permanent, full-time position within a friendly team.
This nursery is open 51 weeks per year and, based on 40 hours per week, there is rotating shift pattern within the opening hours of 07:30 - 18:30, Mon-Fri.
About the Nursery | Room-Based Deputy Nursery Manager
- Located in the London Borough of Hackney
- The nursery aims to provide a stimulating and welcoming environment both indoors and outdoors for children aged 3 months - 5 years.
- In-house chef and nutritionist
- Specialist teachers for Yoga, Music, Baby Sign, Cooking and French
- Registered capacity: 49 children
- Ofsted Graded 'Outstanding’ Nursery
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri, 07:30 - 18:30
- Easily accessible by road and excellent transport links.
· Bonus awarded based on attendance and punctuality.
The Job Role | Room-Based Deputy Nursery Manager
- As the Deputy Nursery Manager, you will assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the nursery, ensuring that nursery life is safe, stimulating and compliant with EYFS, Ofsted and safeguarding requirements.
- Room-based role - 80-90%
- Provide leadership in training staff and deliver high quality practice within the nursery.
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues.
- Office based duties including managing resources, budget control, parent enquiries, marketing and recruitment.
Personal Specification | Room-Based Deputy Nursery Manager
- You will have at least 4 years’ room leading experience working within childcare.
- You will have experience of managing a team
- You will have a genuine understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and values of the Nursery and work effectively alongside the Director in managing the Nursery.
- Excellent knowledge of how young children learn
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong partnerships with parents
- Good people management skills with experience of managing staff performance
Required Skills | Room-Based Deputy Nursery Manager
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification or above in childcare
- At least 1 years’ Deputy Nursery Management OR 3 years’ Room Leader experience
- First Aid certified
- Safeguarding certified
Desired Skills (not essential) | Room-Based Deputy Nursery Manager
- BA Hons Degree in Early Years
Please apply for this Nursery Manager role if you have the following experience:
Deputy Nursery Manager | Assistant Manager | Room Leader | Third in Charge | 3rd in Charge | Nursery Management | Early Years | EYFS | Safeguarding | NVQ Level 3 | First Aid | Safeguarding | Childcare
Interviews: to be held ASAP
Social Care & Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.