Deputy Nursery Manager - Derbyshire
Duration: Full-time - 40 hours per week
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 (dependent on experience)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, proactive Deputy Nursery Manager for an established nursery based in Derbyshire.
This a permanent, full-time position within a friendly team.
This nursery is open 51 weeks per year and, based on 40 hours per week, there is rotating shift pattern within the opening hours of 07:30 - 18:00, Mon-Fri.
About the Nursery | Deputy Nursery Manager
- Located in Derbyshire
- The nursery aims to provide a stimulating and welcoming environment both indoors and outdoors for children aged 3 months - 5 years.
- Registered capacity: 54 children
- Ofsted Graded 'Good’ Nursery
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri, 07:30 - 18:30
- Easily accessible by road and excellent transport links.
The Job Role | Deputy Nursery Manager
- As the Deputy Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with the Nursery Manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery, ensuring that nursery life is safe, stimulating and compliant with EYFS, Ofsted and safeguarding requirements.
- Lead observation, assessment and planning with room staff for children with SLCN, ensuring maintenance of accurate records.
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues.
- Office based duties including managing resources, budget control, parent enquiries, marketing and recruitment, and assisting the Nursery manager in these duties when requested.
- To monitor the organization, planning and supervision of educational activities, appropriate play activities and creative skills, this should also include; planning topics, festivals and celebrations along with the team.
Personal Specification | Deputy Nursery Manager
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience working within childcare.
- You will have a genuine understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and values of the Nursery and work effectively alongside the Nursery Manager in managing the Nursery.
- Excellent knowledge of how young children learn
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong partnerships with parents
- Good people management skills with experience of managing staff performance
- Ability to motivate staff, and to help provide a high quality of care and education to all children in the nursery.
Required Skills | Deputy Nursery Manager
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification or above in childcare
- Hold or be willing to obtain a level three qualification specifically in supporting children with SLCN.
- First Aid certified
- Safeguarding certified
Desired Skills (not essential) | Deputy Nursery Manager
- NVQ level 3 in Childcare or equivalent.
Please apply for this Nursery Manager role if you have the following experience:
Deputy Nursery Manager | Nursery Management | Early Years | EYFS | Safeguarding | NVQ Level 3 | First Aid | Safeguarding | Childcare
Interviews: to be held ASAP