Salary: Deputy Manager £20k-£22k
If you are an experienced Nursery Team leader or 3rd in Charge looking for your next career move, we have a wonderful opportunity for a Nursery Deputy Manager. We need a position as the Deputy Manager who holds a minimum of a level 3 qualification in a relevant early years or childcare qualification to support the Nursery Manager in day to day running of nursery life. You need to have a good knowledge of the EYFS and planning skills so you can deliver great learning opportunities for the children in our care. If you can communicate well with staff and parents and have energy and enthusiasm we need you, this is a temporary role with an opportunity to stay with the setting in future.
The Nursery Deputy Manager works closely with the Manager and may have responsibility as a Room Leader whilst also being expected to take responsibility for every day management responsibilities in the absence of the Manager. The role requires the confidence to make decisions considering the reputation and financial aspects of the business whilst balancing a high degree of sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- To operate alongside the direction of the Manager, deputising as required.
- Adhere to policies and procedures implemented by our nurseries franchise, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- Having key holder responsibility, ensuring security is maintained at all times, including the opening up and the closing of the nursery at the end of the day.
- Deal with complaints (verbal/written), recording and responding within the set time frame and reporting to governing bodies and Head Office where warranted.
- Ensure daily registers and records of children in attendance are accurate.
- Oversee roles and responsibilities as required by legislative requirements and liaise with external agencies.
- Assist in ensuring details are added to the nursery software management system.
- Assist in keeping waiting lists up to date to support high occupancy.
- Actively promote services to entice prospective customers and ensure the retention of families.
- Train staff members how to support informative, professional and welcoming show rounds to prospective customers.
- To administer or oversee first aid and medication, referring to further emergency assistance if required. To report accidents of staff or serious injury to children to parents, relevant Inspectorate, RIDDOR, the Director and Head Office.
- Set up pre school to be used.
Job Type: Full-time
- early management/ room leader: 1 year