Deputy Nurse Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
• To provide high quality nursing care and to assist in identifying and addressing the health and social care of a wide variety of service users.
• To run the shift within the service, delegating and supporting the Support Workers, Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants to provide a high quality of care for each service user. To have overall accountability for all service user’s within the building.
• To provide effective supervision of staff members and to take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
• To actively seek to empower service users to gain and maintain control over all aspects of their lives.
• Recognise the service user’s strengths, abilities and skills and seek to maximise their development and use.
• Ensure meaningful involvement of service users is central to all activities, applying equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory policies and ensuring rights to privacy and confidentiality.
• To support service users to meet their personal care needs in a way that respects the dignity of the individual.
• To help in the care of the service users physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the Home.
• To know and support the main aims and values of the Home and understand and implement the Home’s policies and procedures.
1. To provide a high standard of direct nursing and holistic care to service users, based on the assessment of care needs and in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team.
2. To develop the therapeutic relationship with service users in order to assess care needs, plan and implement and review care plans and nursing interventions.
3. To continuously evaluate the quality of care given, and regularly reassess the needs of service users in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team, and to effect change required to achieve planned goals.
4. To provide medication reviews, ensuring all documentation is up to date and information is acted upon.
5. To order medications in appropriate time scales to ensure the service is not short of the necessary medication.
6. To administer medication and ensure all documentation is accurate for each service user (i.e. MAR charts, count sheets)
7. To play an active role in MDT meetings and work in collaboration with a wide-ranging team of professionals. Liaising with GP, chiropodist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and other members of the wider care team.
8. To collaborate and work in partnership with service users to support them to plan and achieve realistic goals.
9. To support service users and identify early warning signs and triggers, to ensure the safety of all service users and staff. To develop positive coping strategies in line with best practice and company procedures.
10. To work within the NMC codes of conduct and Scope of Practice and within the home’s policies and procedures.
11. To continuously review their own nursing practices to develop new skills and knowledge through continuous professional development training and contribute to the enhancement of patient care skills. To apply evidence based best practice.
12. To work closely with other members of the care team, ensuring that effective, high-quality care is given, to achieved planned goals.
13. To support service users in the CPA process.
14. To keep next of kin informed of significant changes in a service user’s condition.
15. To ensure religious, cultural. emotional and psychological support for service users and their families.
16. Assist services users, where required, on issues such as budgeting, life skills, taking due care and diligence.
17. To assist in carrying out risk assessments appertaining to individuals and activities, and to ensure that all risk assessment proposals are carried out.
18. To take a leadership role in risk assessment, security and Health & Safety issues, eg. reporting any dangers to self and others, etc.
19. To answer door and telephone and greet visitors in an appropriate manner.
20. Maintain clear and accurate records of work practice within established record keeping and confidentiality policies.
21. To adhere to all aspects relating to confidentiality and not discuss the Company, service users, or other information which is acquired via the job, with others not connected to or who have no right to the information.
22. To be a good team player and work constructively with colleagues and managers. Contribute positively to meetings such as supervision, appraisal and team meetings and training events.
23. To report any situations/concerns immediately to management.
24. To be flexible and work to the benefit of service users, and to assist with any other duties if required.
25. To utilise effective communication skills with both service users and staff within the organisation.
• Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales. The job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of their role.
- Care Plans
- Nursing Care
- Quality Of Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"