Job Title: Deputy Manger
Early Steps Nursery School is a 30 place, open plan nursery based in Heaton Mersey, Stockport providing childcare for children aged between 2 and 5 years. We are looking to recruit a Deputy Manager to join our experienced team.
Working hours: Anticipated working hours will be Tuesday - Thursday from 7:45am (potentially as early as 6:45am depending on early drop-off demand) until 6pm throughout the year.
Responsible to: Manager/ Nursery Directors
Responsible for: Key Workers, Nursery Practitioners, Trainees, SENCo, Catering and Cleaning Staff, Students and Volunteers.
You will be expected to liaise with: Ofsted Inspectors, Early Years Development Officers, Environmental Health Officer Inspectors, Health & Safety Inspectors, Doctors, Health Visitors, other Childcare Professionals and external agencies.
The candidate must hold a minimum level 3 qualification approved and recognised by the Department for Education criteria for counting in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework, as well as leadership experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To contribute to the management of the nursery setting, ensuring collaboration and effective teamwork with the staff, and to work together in partnership with parents/ carers, and other professionals to provide high quality childcare.
- To work closely with the Manager, and deputise for him/her as and when required
- To agree and set nursery goals in partnership with the Manager and Nursery Directors, and monitor the achievement of progress against targets.
- To implement a flexible routine that takes into account individual children’s needs.
- To monitor and assess the quality of provision ensuring that policies and procedures, best practice and standards are maintained.
- To be a key person for a group of children.
- Minimum Level 3 DfE approved qualification in childcare
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in childcare
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Reference ID: Deputy Manager
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
We operate a safe recruitment policy. Employment will be subject to a DBS check and two satisfactory references.
- • Minimum Level 3 DfE approved qualification in childcare
- • Minimum 3 years’ experience working in childcare
- • Previous supervisory/management experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'