Job Title: Duty Manager
Salary: £21k plus bonus of up to £4k
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Fixed Term Contract, up to 12 months
Hours: Closed Saturdays and Bank Holidays, trading 9.00am - 5.00pm, with late opening until 8pm on Monday and Thursday only and Sunday 10.00am - 1.00pm on a rota basis.
Our client based is looking to recruit a Duty Manager to assist the Store Manager in managing, controlling and developing the business to maximise sales and achieve agreed sales and profit targets. In addition the Duty Manager assists the Store Manager in the effective management of the team, stock management and the security & maintenance of the store.
The Duty Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in leading, motivating, guiding and encouraging individuals and teams to achieve sales/profit targets by:
- Assisting in the recruitment for Cash & Carry Assistants positions in line with Company recruitment policies and procedures.
- Inducting and training new staff in the store and developing team to full potential.
- Dealing with incidents of unsatisfactory performance.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of sales goals and targets.
- Encouraging staff to put forward ideas and suggestions to enhance the working environment and
improves sales opportunities.
- Regularly communicating relevant staff matters to the Store Manager.
- Ensuring, through regular meetings, that all staff are fully conversant with promotions, incentives,
- Sales information, special events, training activities and new/changes in Company policies.
- Fostering a culture of safety awareness and ensuring compliance with Company Policy and
- Systems on Health & Safety and environmental issues
The Duty Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the following:
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels are in place.
- The security of premises, stock, cash and computers.
- Building and car park maintenance.
- Efficient store administration procedures (as detailed on the Intranet).
- Ensuring that all store procedures and systems, as detailed on the Intranet e.g. Till Procedures,
- Banking, Stock management are carried out/completed as per Company standard.
- Ensuring that all merchandising/displays/stock/shelves are clean and tidy in accordance with Company standards.
- Ensuring that effective stock rotation is carried out.
- Ensuring that all stock coding and pricing are correct.
- Allocating aisle responsibilities to each member of the team.
- Proactively managing the stock system ensuring all team members are fully trained and competent.
The Duty Manager is responsible for ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained in the store, by:
- Ensuring the effective deployment of staff in the store
- Seeking and obtaining feedback from customers on service levels
- Ensuring sales areas are appropriately merchandised
- Regularly reviewing stock profiles to ensure they meet customer demands and that the store is
- Performing to the Company stock management standards and procedures
- Ensuring the team is motivated, confident and knowledgeable in delivering the brand and vision
- Ensuring all staff answer the telephone in a polite and courteous manner within the Company guidelines
The Duty Manager is responsible for achieving and exceeding monthly/quarterly/annual sales and profit targets within their store, by:
- Identifying and generating new business by creating sales opportunities in order to achieve and improve upon sales targets, including exclusive product lines.
- Understanding and being fully knowledgeable about the market, existing customers, potential customers and the activities of competitors .
- Initiating local promotional activity.
- Establishing and developing good relationships with key customers & colleges.
- Obtaining feedback on sales initiatives and customer service and putting forward ideas to improve the business and overall sales.
- Maintaining Company merchandising and presentation standards (Visual Thinking).
- Promoting the Privilege Points Scheme.
- Developing sales of salon furniture and assisting with the care and maintenance.
- Supporting the Store Manager in ensuring the full salon design service is offered to customers and to follow up on any quotes and leads.
- Promoting and selling customer training courses and special events
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'