Deputy Manager – Cheadle
Are you an organised, methodical and passionate healthcare professional about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. Tracy and the team at Abney Court Care Home have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on individual to join the home as Deputy Manager.
Abney Court is built within the beautiful grounds of Abney Hall in Cheadle. Even though the care home is a state-of-the-art new building, it has been designed to reflect the character of the local area. The home's lounges, dining rooms and the coffee shop are named after local landmarks and historical figures, and vintage photos around the home enable residents who have lived locally to recall memories, people and places from the past. Abney Court is built over three floors, with each floor divided into smaller suites or units. Each suite has its own comfortable lounge, bistro-style dining room and en-suite bedrooms. It's a design with proven appeal for residents who are living with dementia, who prefer less hustle and bustle and like to see the same familiar faces.
The ideal manager will be a personable and hands on manager who is passionate about delivering best practice and be someone who is looking to join a hardworking and friendly team. At Abney Court you can expect the best quality care combined with a warm welcome from Tracy and her team.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputizing for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will be the homes nurse expert and your role will be a combination of utilising your nursing skills as well as your managerial and leadership skills
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Where you’ll work
- Abney Court is located in Cheadle. We aim to be innovative in everything we do and are always looking for new ideas to bring into the home.
- Our home provides residential, respite and nursing care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
- Our friendly, dedicated team makes sure that each resident feels settled and that their loved ones feel welcome at all times. We support everyone to carry on doing the things that are important to them, so that they can stay as active and independent as possible.
- We offer residents lots of choices and always involve them in decisions about their care. And all of our activities are based around residents’ own interests and abilities.
Who you are
- A passionate healthcare professional with a experience working within nursing and residential homes
- Have passion for dementia care
- Good knowledge of CQC requirements
- Person centred approach
- Will be well versed in care planning processes
- Familiar with clinical assessment tools
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year, people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job