Orchard Care Homes - Cherry Trees - S61
Hours - 38.5 per week
Pay - £9.50 per hour
Orchard Mission: To be at the Heart of the Community
Our person-centered approach to care relies on the dedication and passion of our employees, who we expect to go the extra mile to improve the home experience and generate a relaxed and informal community within our homes.
It’s the attitude you can bring to Orchard Care Homes that we value. We set our standards high and we are looking for enthusiastic people to continue making our homes a rewarding and enjoyable place to live and work.
This is a managerial role managing all aspects of the day to day running of the home. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect, dignity, rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
Where you will be working
An area of significant historic note, Kimberworth is mentioned in the 1086 Domesday Book, Cherry Trees care home is located in the middle of the community, with good access to the surrounding area.
· Minimum of 2 years working in a caring environment
· QCF/NVQ3 in Direct Care
· Good numeric and literacy skills
· Able to demonstrate ability to lead a team
· Leadership qualities, effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential
· Influencing and motivational skills
· Practice knowledge of care planning for residents with complex needs
· Team player
We are seeking someone who ideally have previous of working with the elderly, although this is not essential.
Essential values and commitment:
· Be a passionate, approachable Manager of the care team, want to help others and make a difference to our residents lives ensuring care is delivered with dignity, respect and fairness
· Lead and develop a team of care staff with fairness, transparency and an inclusive approach
· Contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed staff, ensuring that the Orchard Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment
· Be polite, friendly, warm and supportive of residents individual needs providing accurate personalise care plans
· Provide the highest level of personal care (supporting with toileting, bathing etc.) relevant to the needs of each individual residents care plan. Mentor new staff leading by example
· Enjoy a busy environment - administering medication, serving meals and ensuring the resident’s rooms and the home are kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times
· Ability to communicate with older people and be interested in their needs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"