Safehands are working with an established and reputable UK wide support service to recruit a confident Deputy Manager in Shropshire.
The position is based in a 3 bed residential home supporting young people with EBD and challenging behaviour. You will be responsible for supporting the registered manger with the day-to-day running of the home and ensuring that standards are upheld at all times.
This is a full-time and permanent position, contracted 39 hours per week, paying an annual salary of up to £24,000 plus sleep in allowance and overtime. You will be expected to work shifts including; earlies, lates, weekends and sleep ins on a rotaed basis.
This company are dedicated to the professional development of their staff and there are opportunities to develop your skills and qualifications at all stages of your career. Full induction and training will be offered and you will have access to industry recognised QCF/NVQ qualifications.
Responsibilities of Deputy Manager:
- Scheduling and rotas.
- Liaising with external healthcare professionals.
- Recording of daily notes.
- Managing staff performance as delegated by manager.
- Ensuring Care Act observations are planned for every staff member.
- Supporting or facilitating regular staff team meetings.
- Supporting or facilitating regular staff team meetings to support team development.
- Work on shift with service-users in line with Support and Risk Management Plans and any protocols in place as well as in line with company policies and procedures.
- Inducting new staff.
Person Specification for Deputy Manager:
- Previous experience of managing a team in a care setting.
- An NVQ/QCF level 3 or above in health and social care (or equivalent).
- Be willing to work towards an NVQ/QCF level 5 qualification in health and social care.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Be a reflective individual that is able to recognise areas for improvement.
- Be a naturally supportive individual that is able to motivate and inspire others.
- Enhanced maternity pay.
- Pension scheme.
- GymFlex scheme.
- Access to online and highstreet discounts.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle scheme.
- Computing scheme.
- Up to 25 days annual leave.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Ludlow, Shropshireis passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job