Full Address:: New Generation Nursery – Linden Nursery School
Byfleet Cricket Pavillion, Byfleet Criket Club
Parvis Road, KT14 7AB
Exact working hours: 8.45 3.15 (Monday – Friday)
Any further details: Term Time
About the Role
We are looking for an inspiring and experienced individual to join our team at West Byfleet in Surrey.
Job Title: Pre-School Deputy Manager
Hours: 30 hours per week (with a possibility to increase), 39 weeks per year (term time only)
- Flexible approach to working hours – across various shifts patterns
- Discounted childcare available for one child – not more than one child
To work as Deputy Manager, Key Person, and part of the staff team under the direction of the Manager in providing safe, high quality care and education for children attending the setting.
An overview of the role:
- Supporting the Manager with the day to day running of the nursery.
- Deputise in the absence of the Manager and to be responsible for the daily running of the nursery including the care and welfare of the children and delivery of the EYFS curriculum
- To adhere to the all nursery policies and procedures, with particular regard to Health and Safety, Behaviour, Safeguarding Children, Equality and Diversity, Inclusion and Special Educational Needs, and Confidentiality.
- To actively promote Welfare Standards and being aware of, and responsible for all aspects of health and safety, and to recognise that the safeguarding of the children is paramount.
- To supervise and assist with the daily setting up of indoor and outdoor environments to provide for the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of the children with Special Needs attending the setting
- To ensure that all equipment and resources are maintained, tidied away and stored safely at the end of the day, and necessary preparation is carried out for the following day.
- To assist with the planning and implementation of the EYFS curriculum planning age appropriate and stimulating activities to ensure that teaching and learning is robust to ensure that children’s learning and development needs are met.
The right Candidates must have:
- A full and relevant NVQ Level 3 in Early Years or its equivalent.
- In depth working knowledge of the EYFS statutory framework and the Welfare Standards
- Recent and relevant managerial experience in a senior position with a nursery or pre-school setting – minimum of 2 years.
- Good command of both written and oral English.
-To ensure that staff sickness and training absences are adequately covered, ensuring that ratios are met at all times.
- Ensuring health, safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- To attend staff meetings, open days and parents’ days when and as necessary
- Be able to prioritise and work on own initiatives
- To work in partnership with parents and other external agencies
- Strong management and leadership skills and good attention to detail.
- A Flexible and solution focussed approach.
- Warm, approachable personality with a sense of humour and good rapport skills.
- Commitment to personal development.
The candidate must be trained to at least a level 3 or equivalent.
Hold a current and updated DBS.
First aid and food hygiene desired but not a requirement.
This position would be ideal for an already deputy or someone who wants to take the next step in their professional development.
We would need our applicant to be a team player and be very enthusiastic.
As we are a small team fitting in and working well is a major point so we need a candidate that is a brilliant key player.
The job is term time only although there may be times when you be asked to come, need to do courses, cleaning days and meetings.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job