Deputy Manager, Care Home (Residential Care) Nottingham £21 840
Make a great career move
Deputy Manger experience in a similar role is essential
Close Date: Interviewing as and when - Apply today to avoid disappointment
My client in Nottingham is currently seeking a Deputy Manager to manage a 60 user Residential Care Home for Dementia. As a Deputy Manager of a care home, you'll be given the opportunity to gain valuable experience in management and develop your business skills whilst assisting and deputising for the General Manager. Assist in managing the delivery of a quality and comprehensive care service within a care home. To ensure effective running and allocation of work to a team of support Workers, including managing the staff rota, performance, conduct and attendance.
- Supporting the Home Manager with the day to day running of the home, with overall responsibility of the home and meeting its statement of purpose in the absence of the Manager.
- To provide all necessary support to our service users, enabling them to live an active and fulfilled life whilst promoting a happy and friendly environment.
- Deputy Manger will work with the Home Manager to regularly monitor all areas of the Home to ensure at all times the highest achievable standards of care and support are delivered to the service user whilst working within the defined company policies and procedures.
- Maintain high quality documentation including contributing to care plans and daily record keeping.
- Ensure all support and care practices are evidence based and reflect current trends.
- Provide leadership and a role model for all other staff working within the home.
- Create an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate strong positive ideas about professional practice and development and promote the rights of the service users (particularly privacy, dignity, independence, choice and self-fulfilment) whilst adhering to the Care Standards Act 2008, and all relevant legislative requirements.
You'll need previous experience in a similar role; experience of supervising drug rounds and maintaining accurate records is essential. NVQ level 4 would be ideal although not essential.
- Experience within a relevant care setting at management/supervisory level
- An ability to communicate a clear sense of direction and leadership
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or 4, or working towards it, in care management or its equivalent.
- Evidence of having undertaken periodic training to update his/her knowledge, skills and competence.
- The applicant should have been in employment recently and show evidence of being up to date with current legislation, mandatory requirements.
- Be able to carry out any other necessary duties as agreed with the Home Manager or Director.
- Strong writing and documentation skills. Good organising and administrative skills.
- Deputy Manager
- Care Manager