Deputy Manager Children & Young People
Children's home, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Wales
Education & Children's Services
Permanent - Full Time
up to £25,191 plus sleep £35 allowance and overtime if desired.
39 hours per week
Our Clients Children's Home situated in Gilfach Goch Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Wales, is seeking a Deputy Manager. This is a four bed home for young people with mild learning disabilities and autism. As a Deputy Manager at our clients children's home, you will be a key member of their team providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people and staff along with the Registered Manager.
Our Deputy Manager roles in Rhondda Cynon Taff offer a salary of up to £25,191 per annum plus sleep in allowance or £35. There is an opportunity for overtime if desired.
Level 3 in Children and Young People qualification is essential for this role and you should be willing to study for the Level 5 Diploma. Successful applicants will need to have previous experience of working with young people with Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties. Due to the nature of the home and role you would need to have a full driving licence.
As a Deputy Manager, you'll be doing the following:
· Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
· To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
· Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
· Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
· Be the young person's champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
· Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
· Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
· You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
· Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
A family is 24/7 and so are we. We use a rota system to ensure the young people in our home get the care they need. As a Deputy Manager, in our Home you can you should be happy to work a shift rota system planned 6 weeks in advance. this will include working some weekends and bank holidays. On average 8-10 sleep ins per month.
Benefits when you join us
· 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
· Travel Insurance
· Cycle to work scheme
· Dental Insurance
· Reduced price Gym membership
· Gourmet Society Card
· Healthcare cash plan
· Online benefits portal and high street store cash back rewards we support.
To apply, just click apply now. Our application form captures information to help keep children safe so thank you for taking the time to complete it.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'