At Somerset Care we are all about the people, creating an enjoyable environment for our customers.
The Deputy Manager is a key role within the residential home, assisting the Manager to ensure a high quality service is provided to all of the customers.
To join our team we are looking for:
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and has management or supervisory experience
• An individual who can delegate, problem solve and prioritise workloads on a daily basis
• A fantastic communicator, both verbally and written to interact with customers and their families, staff and other health care professionals
• A dynamic professional who is looking to develop their career
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
Benefits of working with us:
• Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
• Enhancements for weekend working
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working (funded by Somerset Care)
• Structured career path and progression opportunities
• An employer contribution pension scheme - 5% matched by Somerset Care
• Childcare vouchers
• Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• 28 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 2 years service and 33 days after 5 years.
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution
• Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of our employees by providing free health checks, discounted gym membership along with advice and support.
• Refer a Friend Scheme
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application.
If you would like more information please contact our Recruitment Team on.
The application is in two parts. Part 1 is the application form and the second part is a personality and attitude assessment. Please note, you must submit the application form before proceeding to Part 2 AND both sections must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory certificate from the DBS. We are anequal opportunities employer.