My client has an exciting opportunity available at their Marlow nursery as a Deputy Manager.
They are a small group of Nurseries based over 5 sites across Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. They are looking for a new member to join their great team.
Salary in negotiable depending on experience.
- Must hold a childcare qualification at level 3 or above, although a degree in Early Years is desirable
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ leadership and management experience, preferably as a Deputy Manager
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of child development, the EYFS and legal requirements that govern early years’ settings
- Must be enthusiastic, approachable and an excellent communicator
We are looking for an experienced leader, who is energetic, ambitious, passionate about the care of young children, well organised and has a great sense of fun! If that is you, then you could be just what we are looking for. Come and join our dedicated childcare team in our nursery in Bourne End, Bucks.
As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, excellent conditions, training and development opportunities, and the bonus of being part of an extremely caring company, who prides itself on providing outstanding care and education to young children.
Our Deputy Manager will lead their own room and small team of staff, as well as support the Nursery Manager in overseeing the operation of the day nursery to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment is provided for the children in our care.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that all children are effectively safeguarded and protected from harm at all times.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in the daily running and administration of the nursery whilst adhering to the Policies and Procedures of the Nursery, ensuring compliance with the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017), Health and Safety Legislation, all within requirements and guidelines laid down by Ofsted and the Children’s Act.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background, in particular challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in supervising staff and students, conducting regular staff assessments, recognising training needs, monitoring training and developing teamwork.
- Keeping up to date with best practice within early years and ensuring that this is evident through high standards of education and care.
- Planning and preparing activities to support all aspects of the children’s individual learning & development needs in a stimulating atmosphere. All planning should be in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage. Supporting the Nursery Manager to ensure that all staff are doing this as well.
- Keeping accurate developmental records and observations of each child’s progress towards the Early Learning Goals and ensuring that staff are doing the same.
- Liaising with parents and ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Providing the Nursery Owners/Area Manager with weekly reports on the nursery and following the Nursery Procedures for reporting accidents and incidents in the Nursery Manager’s absence.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager to arrange regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings and ensuring effective marketing.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager, Area Manager and Directors.
This application is handled at our Milton Keynes branch by Julie Davis
- Child Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job