"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence."
THIS IS A BRAND NEW RESIDENTIAL SERVICE FOR CHILDREN / YOUNG PEOPLE IN CRISIS- FANTASTIC, WELL ESTABLISHED PROVIDER! OPENING SOON-COME AND BE A PART OF THIS FANTASTIC RESOURCE!
Deputy Manager - Residential Childcare - Brand New Service!
This an exceptional opportunity to be part of the leadership team in a brand new service opening Feb 2019!
Salary - £25,500 - £30,500 includes sleep ins and funding for Level 5 management qualification!
Excellent company benefits - pension, high street shops savings card, managers reward scheme, childcare vouchers plus more!
DEPUTY MANAGER ROLE:
Are looking for an employer that can offer exceptional career development due to their steady and high quality growth plans? Are you a positive, enthusiastic and child centred practitioner?
You will be working for one of the leading, medium sized providers of residential care and education for children. You will join an organisation that offers exceptional career opportunities due to growth initiatives and you will gain funding for Level 5 qualification. You will be a 'big fish' in a medium sized pool with this excellent quality independent provider and that gives great scope for your career development!
Deputising in a brand new crisis and assessment service for children aged up to 18 years:
- Support and deputise for the Registered Home Manager in this child-centred therapeutic service
- Contribute to the delivery of a nurturing, homely, safe, accepting and caring therapeutic environment in which children can develop a positive sense of self and build their self-esteem and confidence
- Direct the team within the daily routine and agreed structures of the house
- Work professionally and in partnership with parents, social workers, agencies and other professionals linked to the young person’s care plan
- Follow all relevant aspects of legislation and regulation within which the general policies and procedures of the company and national standards.
- Support,guide and positively manage staff
- Ensure timely and thorough reports and reviews are written accurately and appropriately and within the prescribed timescale
- You will hold QCF level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or NVQ 3 Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent
- Experience in leading shifts in a residential childcare setting in an Oftsed 'Good' or 'Outstanding' service
- Therapeutic practice and de escalation techniques
- Willingness to work towards level 5 management qualification
- Flexible leader, enthusiastic, child centred
- IT skills
- Car driver
My client is an equal opportunities employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to the client’s employment checks including gaining suitable references and DBS check prior to employment start date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'