Deputy Local Service Manager – Part Time - Temporary position until February 2019
St. Georges House, Barrow-In-Furness
£18,725 per annum pro rata
30 hours per week
We are seeking a Deputy Local Service Manager to make a real difference to the lives of our resident. At St. Georges House we provide support enabling our clients with a range of complex needs to achieve their potential and live more independently within their community. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team. There will be an expectation as a Deputy Service Manager to travel between services and this will include Lancaster, Kendal and Whitehaven, therefore access to your own vehicle is essential.
The role of Deputy Local Service Manager will include:
- Managing, recruiting, developing and training staff within appropriate legislative or NVQ frameworks and devising effective and well run staff rotas
- Promoting best practice within the team by monitoring relationships with service users, relatives and visitors to ensure quality services are carried out by staff
- Ensuring effective care and support systems are in place and that we operate in a fully compliant way
- Preparing, promoting and coordinating care plans
- Working effectively with key stakeholders (such as the local councils) in order to develop the service and ensure that any changes required to the service reflect the need of the local population and commissioner needs
Skills and experiences:
- Proven management or supervisory experience gained within a social care environment
- Compassionate, caring and hard working with a hands on approach to care management
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- An understanding of CQC standards and of putting them into practice
- NVQ / QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Proven track record of developing relationships with partner agencies and key stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of current housing legislation, safeguarding practice, and data protection laws
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is £23,406 based on 37.5 hours per week
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 23 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'