Main Duties include:
• Ensuring Inspectors are fully trained in tasks they are required to carry out / responsible for identifying training needs.
• Evaluating performance of Inspectors with assistance from Production Supervisor.
• Assigning work to Inspectors.
• Ensuring production is planned to flow throughout upholstery teams to meet daily production targets and correct paperwork is on all completed items.
• Carrying out minor repairs when required to ensure items meet loading times.
• Ensuring correct products are being completed in load order to meet daily production targets.
• Responsible for communicating daily production requirements to the Cushion Fillers determined by the daily production plan.
• Ensure cushions are produced in line with furniture.
• Responsible for the inspection of rejected goods returned, advising on required repairs and approval prior to re-delivery to the Customer.
• Responsible for chasing any missing / incorrect work direct with the relevant Supervisors / Managers to ensure load points are made.
• Responsible for communicating any foreseeable difficulties completing daily production targets as soon as possible to the Production Supervisor.
• Communicate any quality concerns with the Production Supervisor.
• Responsible for own and others Health & Safety at work.
• Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained.
The successful candidate will possess excellent reading and writing skills, have experience carrying out checks against specifications and be able to pay close attention to detail. The ideal candidate will also be motivated and committed as well as showing good team leading skills.
Hours of work: Twilight Shift – 39 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 2.30pm to 12.45am including ½ hour unpaid break).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job