Our specialist Educational client is seeking a Deputy Houseparent (Term Time only) to join their team near East Grinstead, live in opportunity also available.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Creating a warm, friendly and secure environment in which the children can develop greater awareness, self-esteem, independence and responsibility.
- Maintaining good order and discipline within their unit, with particular regard to bullying and any other activities prejudicial to the interests of children and staff.
- Taking part in recreational activities with the students, such as swimming, cycling, sailing etc.
- Health matters, in conjunction with the Senior Houseparent, School Nurse and designated First Aid Officers, until the School’s doctor or parents have assumed responsibility.
- You may be required to take and accompany a child to the doctors, dentist, hospital, medical appointment etc.
- The issue and recording of medication.
- Provide first aid
- The encouragement of a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Undertaking general household duties, including cleaning and laundry, in order to maintain the accommodation at an acceptable standard.
- Care of the immediate surroundings of the unit, in conjunction with the Senior Houseparent.
- Cooking as required by arrangement with the Senior Houseparent and Catering staff.
- Contributing to reports for any child in the unit, eg initial assessments and placement plans for education and looked after children reviews.
- Supporting the children with homework if required, in consultation with their Class Teacher.
- Liaison with other staff, parents, carers, others significant to the children and representatives of any statutory or voluntary agencies involved with the children.
- The Resident Houseparent will make themselves familiar with all school policies, rules, health, safety and welfare and legal requirements and will work in accordance with them.
Excellent opportunity to join a Unique Educational setting Live in opportunity available driver required if non live in due to rural location.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy