Our client provides 24 hours education and residential services for children and young people aged 7-19 who have range of social, emotional, behavioural or communication difficulties. These may steam from an inherited or acquired condition such as ASD, ADHD, Speech and Language disorders, or as a result of abuse (physical, emotional or sexual). They are currently recruiting for Deputy House Parent role with the passion for providing high quality, person - centred care for children and young adults.
This is a Monday to Friday role with one sleeping in duty in a week. The role is paid £9 - £11 per hour.
Your role will involve:
- Creating a warm, friendly, safe and secure environment in which the children can develop greater awareness, self-esteem, independence and responsibility
- To support young people to develop resilience and build mental, physical, emotional and social well-being.
- To encourage positive behaviour and provide clear and fair consequences to inappropriate behaviour.
- To act as a role model and demonstrate appropriate pro-social ways of dealing with problems.
Essential skills and experience:
- NVQ3 or willing to work towards
- Due to the location driving licence and the own car is a MUST
-Positive attitude towards diversity in general and specifically towards the rights, independence, inclusion and choice for children and young adults with complex needs.
The client aims to achieve a good reputation for the high standards of care and education, and a spiritual strength that supports and encourages all those connected with the school. The care team all work to the belief that a pupil has to have a voice.
If you want to be part of their team please send you CV today or call Dorota on to discuss the role.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.