Our service is based on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and provides a rehabilitation and specialist residential services to 9 adults with a learning disability.
Works as Senior Nurse in the house ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors.
• Apply relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
• Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
• Respects and applies the requirements of diversity and inclusion, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
• Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
• Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
• Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
• Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, enabling people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies.
• Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi-Disciplinary Working.
• Engages in collaborative problem solving, supporting and encouraging clients to take ownership of issues, identify problems and to develop solutions to them based on their own needs and preferences.
• Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
• Undertakes Lead roles for the ward, reporting to the Hospital Director.
To provide clinical needs and compliance monitoring across the Rehab and Recovery Services inclduing on call responsibilities and flexiblility in working hours.
You will need:
Active Registration with the NMC, meeting the requirements of Revalidation
• Trained Mentor/Assessor
• Clinical Supervision experience essential, training desirable
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development and intent to maintain and develop Continued professional development and leadership
• Good computer skills
• At least 3 years, or equivalent experience post-registration
• Demonstrable expertise within a clinical speciality
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'