Our client - a leading property organisation who own a collection of Hostels who have a contract with the Home Office are recruiting for a Deputy Hostel manager for their new Derby hostel, with a due opening date of January 2018.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as the Deputy Hostel Manager, you will be responsible for managing the hostel effectively and sensitively for the benefit of their service users. You will be responsible too of ensuring that the services are delivered in accordance with the companies’ standards and policies and procedures, ensuring that the hostel is a safe environment and remains compliant at all times in line with their contractual and legal responsibilities.
You will manage the Maintenance Supervisor and the House Keeper and your duties will include:
- Ensure staff resources and skills are allocated effectively to enable the provision of contractual social welfare needs, catering, domestic and administrative services
- Manager the Maintenance team, ensuring any repairs are carried out effectively
- Manage the house keeping staff, ensuring all building is clean and tidy at all times
- Monitor procedures and emergency procedures
- Ensure any emergencies are dealt with efficiently and effectively as possible, working on call where necessary
- Maintain all rotas
- Being flexible to work your required rota, including weekends and evenings when required
- Ensure all requests are accommodating and responded to effectively
- Keep data bases up to date
- On departures ensure all keys and company property is returned
- Adhere to all health and safety policies
- Ensure the security of the staff as required
- Deal with all financial procedures are followed such as payments and salaries of staff
- Prepare annual budgets
- Recruit and select staff
- Train and motivate staff, hold staff meetings
- Ensure the project policies are adhered to and followed
- Provide systems and information for the Operations Manager as required
- Other duties as required - a full job description is available too
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised individual, someone who is looking for a challenge. It will be advantageous too if you have dealt with Asylum Seekers in a previous working environment. You will have a Management background, a Social Care related qualification and any additional languages could also be advantageous.
Because of the nature of this role, a full DBS check is required.
If you feel that this is the right role for you, please send us your CV today!
**Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard back within three working days then please realise that you have been unsuccessful of this occasion**
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job