Inplace Personnel are seeking a permanent full time Deputy Manager for one of the clients new care homes being built in Wilford, Nottingham.
This position will be available for a start in April 2018 as this is a brand new, purpose-build 66 bed care facility, therefore the doors will be opening in April for the new Deputy Manager. This new stunning care home meets all CQC requirements and provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia.
Our client have introduced electronic medication administration records in all of their homes and are developing electronic care planning which they anticipate will be ready for the opening of this new care home.
The successful candidate will be able to assist with all aspects of setting up the home including recruitment. You will be supported by the Home Manager along with an extensive team at their head office and a dedicated regional team.
- In the absence of the Home Manager, be responsible for all aspects of the running of the home.
- Provide advice, support and leadership to other team members.
- Responsible and accountable for clinical practice within the home.
- Be a role model for good practice in all aspects of the role.
- Completion of specified audits in the home.
- Management of delegated budgets under the supervision of the home manager
- Demonstrates good awareness of Health and Safety of all staff, residents and visitors.
- Ensure all complaints are dealt with promptly and in line with the company policy.
- Manage the storing and administering of drugs in accordance with the home’s medicines management policy.
- Communicate with appropriate parties e.g. residents, relatives, outside bodies in a timely and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Assist in ensuring that the CQC quality standards are achieved and maintained
Skills and experience required:
- 1st Level Nurse
- Experience of managing people, service and quality to achieve performance targets is essential.
- Background in the Health and Social Care Sector is essential.
- Experience in older peoples services is essential.
- Experience in the care home sector is desirable.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build lasting relationships is essential.
- Proficient computer skills in word, excel and in house systems is essential.
This position is subject to a DBS check
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job