Deputy Home Manager
Salary: minimum £24,483.00 + Benefits
Location: Blandford, Forum
Contract type: Full Time Contract term: Permanent
Would you like to be part of established team, working for one of the UK’s largest and highest quality providers of specialist education and behavioural health services in the country.
You will play a key role in helping children to gain their independance and achieve their ambitions to learn and develop skills for life.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Deputy Home Manager to work as a team with the Manager and staff to provide a stable, happy and caring environment for the young people within the schools setting.
Please read on if you are interested:
Purpose of the role:
- To provide appropriate physical and emotional support to young peoples in residence as part of a team of care staff within a residential environment. The emphasis is upon effective management of a number of care staff, which involves motivating, coaching, managing performance via supervision/appraisal and appraising the quality of care your staff provide.
- This role is critical in ensuring that standards set by legislation are exceeded. It also provides the opportunity to develop and improve practice.
- The main responsibilities of the Deputy Home Manager include: ·
- To ensure that all staff for whom you are responsible are putting policy into practice and are either performing to expected standards or, that you are/have been actively addressing the issues effectively
- To ensure that all staff for whom you are responsible receive supervision and appraisal to the required standard, at the correct time and which is properly recorded. This includes helping to identify young people or team training needs ·
- To ensure that communication between senior management, other sources and your team, in all directions, is as effective as possible. This will involve actively using a range of strategies.
- It is expected that you will always communicate, in a professional manner, using the required level of confidentiality ·
- In the absence of the appropriate Manager, be responsible for the effective management of the team, including effective rostering and deployment of staff, across the house/unit or school/college
Requirements of the Deputy Home Manager: ·
- Experience working as a Deputy Home Manager/Team Leader in a similar setting, ASD experience (Essential) ·
- Minimum of a Level 3 RQF Child and young person's workforce qualification (or equivalent), or willingness to work towards this ·
- A broad knowledge of Ofsted/CQC standards and how these can be met and evidenced
Please get in touch if you would like to be considered for this opportunity and would like to apply
- Care Home Manager
- Level 3 RQF
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'