Deputy Home manager - Children's
Balfor is currently recruiting for experienced Deputy home Manager based in Swaffham Norfolk . You will have experience working within a children’s residential setting supporting young people with EBD and challenging behaviour.
You will be required to:
- Assist /manage in the daily operation of the home.
- Provide a safe and homely environment for the young people in your care.
- Promote independence and build each individual self-esteem.
- Participate in the assessment of service users and subsequent planning of service user care.
- Preparing and coordinate staff rotas, to ensure the correct delivery.
- Work with the manager to pre-empt recruitment needs.
- Liaising with customers and care workers to ensure an efficient service provision
- On call duties on a rota basis.
- Care plans and risk assessments. Provide written reports on complaints, accidents and incidents.
- Hold a NVQ (OCR) Level 3 Health & Social Care Children & Young People.
- Be willing to work towards a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) and complete it within 2 years of appointment.
- Have practical knowledge of the Children's Act 1989 and Children’s Regulation 2015 (including the care quality standards) and how to implement them in a residential care setting.
- An ability to communicate effectively and factually.
- Exceptionally well organised individual with proven administration experience.
- Good time management/prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexible to work on a shift rota basis covering evenings, weekends bank holidays, nights and sleep in’s.
- Full clean driving licence with access to a car (essential).
What to do now: If you’re interested in this role you can click "apply now" to forward an up to date copy of your CV
- Communication Skills
- Young People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"