A 1 form entry Primary school based in the Inner London Borough of Southwark, SE London are looking for a Deputy Headteacher to join their Senior Leadership Team from April 2018. This is a lovely Ofsted 2017 rated 'Good' Church of England Primary School. The Head is looking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join us on our journey, to assist the Headteacher in leading the development of the school for a minimum of two terms covering Maternity Leave. This will be a direct fixed term contract with the school.
This senior role is key for the continued improvement of this lovely small school, and therefore prior experience of strategic leadership will be essential, particularly where there has been a positive impact on pupil progress.
Previous experience of teaching in, and leading, Upper Key Stage 2 would be desirable, although the new deputy will influence the whole school, from Nursery to Year 6.
The school is looking for someone who:
- Is a great teacher with very high expectations of what can be achieved and a proven track record in raising pupil attainment
- Understands how children learn best and never gives up on them
- Is determined, resilient with high expectations of themselves
- Understand what high standards look like and how to attain them
- Is flexible with a good sense of humour and an understanding of the bigger picture
- Can effectively coach and mentor others with demonstrable impact - key for Deputy Head strengths
- Is tough enough to cope with the challenges that a fast paced inner city school can bring.
- Is an innovator who can take risks to make a project their own
- Has a vision for what outstanding provision should look like
- Is a strong communicator, able to work in a dynamic team
The school can offer:
- A genuine opportunity to lead and make a difference
- High quality support and CPD to ensure that you are successful
- An experienced, committed and ambitious team to support you
- An exciting, well organised and vibrant environment in which to work
- Well-resourced school with a full time School Business Manager and an effective admin team.
- Innovative use of ICT including Ipads and new technologies
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the bestMost of all, the right candidate will want the very best for the school's children, enabling every individual to flourish.
For further information or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Bonnie from REESON Education ASAP sending across an updated CV via this advert.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job