Castlefield Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Interim Deputy Head of Procurement on a 6-month contract, for a public sector organisation in South Yorkshire. The Deputy Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading 2 key category areas and managing multiple staff.
- Support the Head of Procurement in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across the organisation, by strategically analysing current spend information and financial data as well as undertaking category market research to develop the appropriate procurement strategies
- Take a lead role in continuous improvement across the procurement team, with suppliers and contracts using a range of techniques to maximise value for money and improve customer service
- Able to make decisions on high profile and complex negotiations using appropriate information and analysis, recommending solutions which may not always be popular, using leadership, persuasion and influencing skills to implement a solution that meets the needs of customers and taxpayers
- Negotiate with difficult stakeholders whilst managing multiple staff and helping the wider team achieve savings targets
- CIPS qualification would be preferred or educated to degree level
- Experience within a similar Category/Procurement Manager
- Public Sector procurement experience is beneficial
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'