An opportunity has arisen for the above role within a bustling Acute NHS Trust. Working within a busy, forward thinking and progressive department, the Deputy Head of Procurement will be a key senior manager within the Procurement & Supplies Department, working with and reporting directly to, the Head of Procurement.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need proven experience within senior roles, which will enable them to demonstrate experience in both people management and technical procurement.
The procurement programme is reliant on strong leadership and robust stakeholder engagement, and covers virtually all aspects of the Trust's business. The post holder will be responsible for leading the procurement & supplies team through periods of change, and guiding them to deliver complex procurement projects, offering advice and support on all aspects of EU Procurement and under threshold contracts, so will require of sound understanding in these areas, backed up by practical experience and application.
As The successful candidate will be required to take responsibility for a portfolio of category management, in addition to functional day to day management of procurement staff, ensuring the meeting of targets and robust service delivery, whilst also contributing to the development of departmental objectives and leading on some strategic Trust initiatives
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Procurement Strategy and Performance Management
- To lead in the formulation, implementation and review of the Trust Procurement Strategy
- To lead in the development, implementation, delivery and review of work plans on the strategic effective management of non-pay activities
- To lead in the recording and reporting of cash releasing savings for the Trust
- To lead in maximising the proportion of Trust expenditure covered by formal contractual arrangements
- To review the Trust's Procurement performance through audits and other performance management tools, recommending, instigating and leading improvements where appropriate
- To ensure that all designated activity is conducted in accordance with overall Trust objectives, the Trust Procurement Strategy and associated agreed work plans
- To pursue procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement processes and projects within the market, whist meeting customers' requirements and demonstrating best value for money with sustainable cost and quality improvements
- To lead in the management of the day to day aspects of a busy procurement department including allocation and approval of annual leave and all aspects of sickness management as required
- To directly manage the Senior Contracting Team to ensure that all contracting activity is conducted in full compliance with Trust Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions and all other relevant regulations and legislation including EU Public Procurement Directives
- To lead on contracting activities including competitive quotation and tendering exercises where appropriate and to personally conduct such activity for designated products/services and/or designated level of expenditure where the need arises
- To ensure that contractual requirements are achieved on time, to quality standard and include detailed development of contract schedules, specifications, evaluation criteria, and recommendation reports
- To manage and lead the contracting process, agreeing contract documentation and contract variations, whilst offering advice on, and where appropriate, participating in the contract management of contracts
- To prepare contract evaluation and award documents in accordance with agreed procedures for approval at the designated level, up to and including Trust Board, and formally presenting these when required
- To lead on and contribute to the achievement of the departments agreed annual savings target by identifying, implementing, recording and monitoring cost savings opportunities, by consideration of alternative products, rationalisation and standardisation of products and suppliers, within agreed timescales
- MCIPS Qualified
- Experience of NHS Procurement an advantage but not essential
- A minimum of 10 years purchasing and supply.
- Previous experience of leading a multi-disciplined procurement function
- Experience of formulating, implementing and reviewing strategies, policies, work plans and performance measures.
At Healthier Recruitment, we are dedicated in finding our candidates their ideal roles. We go above and beyond the basic requirements of our candidates to find roles that not only match their overall package expectations but provide them with an opportunity to secure a position that offers personal fulfilment and the potential to develop within an organisation that shares similar visions and values.
Each and every candidate we work with is different, and therefore we take the time to get to know you and explore the potential career options that suit you best to ensure that your transition into a new role is both a smooth, stress free and enjoyable experience.
- Deputy Manager
- Purchasing Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job