Job Title: Deputy Head of Pharmaceutical Production
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: Negotiable - Depending on experience
To lead, motivate, manage and develop the Pharmaceutical Production Department teams and to provide expertise in a cross functional group responsible for the delivery of biological products.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop all activities associated with the requirements within the production manufacturing department. Specific areas i.e. Pilot scale Fermentation and Recovery, Downstream Processing, GMP Containment and Aseptic Processing including filling and Freeze-drying.
- Production Specialist for the allocated production teams accountable for identifying, evaluating and adapting technologies as appropriate and to ensure that the production teams operate to high technical, regulatory and other standards using current and/or refined methodologies.
- Establishing links and collaborations within and outside of PBL to benefit the business.
- Assist senior colleagues in providing highly specialist input as required, in developing production and technical strategies for the units, identifying new opportunities as they
- arise and responding to external queries and complaints.
- Manage, lead, motivate, train and act as a role model for the staff allocated to the
- production areas.
- Provide reports and lead on the preparation of presentations, publications and liaison
- with customers, collaborators and licensing agencies.
- Identify, evaluate and adapt new technologies where appropriate and ensure that the
- production area operates to a high standard and complies with GMP and other
- regulatory standards.
- To ensure that the strategic direction and business objectives of the "business" are
- consistent with the corporate and business plans of PBL.
- To organise the "business" so that its resources may be available in the event of a
- national emergency.
- To design and manage an integrated financial budget for the business and to ensure
- that the business delivers its financial objectives and maximizes its contribution to
- To promote and uphold the highest standards of professionalism in order to create,
- maintain and enhance the reputation of the business amongst its customers and
- stakeholders both nationally and internationally.
- To lead and manage the business, via a management team, to secure the delivery of
- high quality products/services in an effective and timely fashion.
- To deliver continuous improvement in all areas of the business to enhance the quality,
- delivery, rate of growth and competitiveness.
- To take responsibility for all HR issues within the Department.
- To liaise and interact positively with appropriate regulatory authorities to ensure PBL
- To contribute to publications in national and international journals.
GMP / PRODUCTION / MANUFACTURING / MANAGER / SUPERVISOR / PHARMA / BIOPHARMA
- Supervisory Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job