NHS Shared Business Services is a unique partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Health. We provide crucial corporate back office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The day job
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy F&A Service Delivery Manager to join our NHS SBS Finance & Accounting team. Responsible for the management and leadership of 300 to 400 employees working within our core operational service lines, you will ensure a consistent and monitored approach towards service performance, employee performance and satisfaction, internal governance and financial efficiency.
Working in partnership with the Deputy F&A Service Improvement Manager to constantly refine and enhance the services, you will also support the Deputy F&A Extended Service Manager to grow and expand our service offering in line with the strategic direction of the business and target operating model.
It’s important that you possess the ability to solve problems with commercial judgment and are influential in customer relationships and will need detailed understanding of methods, systems and procedures.
- To be responsible for ensuring there is an excellent service in place covering the end to end customer journey and achievement of the targeted NPS score
- Effectively monitor the service across the operational teams, promoting measurable target driven objectives to ensure an excellent service levels and efficiency
- Manage key client contacts to ensure excellent service, perception and security of long term goals
- Ensure consistency across the operation regarding HR policies and procedures to effectively manage staff performance and behaviour
- Work alongside all colleagues in the business to ensure we foster a great place to work for staff and ensure the achievement of the great place to work objective for your teams
- Ensure all employees have meaningful and SMART objectives which promote effective service delivery, quality and efficiency
- Supported by the Risk and Governance function, ensure effective internal governance is place across the operational teams
- Ensuring effective control and implementation across: Internal Audit, External Audit, Business Continuity, Incident Management, Risk Management, Change Management, Portfolio Management, Organisational Hierarchy / Responsibility Management, SOPs and Process Maps and Physical Archive / Data Management
- Drive consistency across the operational teams and with the rest of the business, avoiding SILO working and helping our customers view us as one SBS Financial Efficiency
You need to have:
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process, with experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences, establish and maintain strong relationships and the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations, resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere and a forward looking / holistic approach
- Experience of working and managing in an Operational environment
- Ability of working in a performance management framework ensuring standards are delivered
- Ability to demonstrate the technical ability in the compilation, analysis and presentation of information to a strategic level
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure, balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Values colleagues and team working with tested leadership skills
It would be great if you had:
- Knowledge and experience of the NHS Financial regime
- Knowledge of systems that impact upon the Finance department
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
- Operations Management
- Service Delivery
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'