Due to company growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy General Manager to join the team at our wonderful Trecco Bay Holiday Park based in South Wales. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop the skills needed to progress to become a Parkdean Resorts General Manager of the future.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be directly accountable for the efficient and profitable operation of all areas of the park at all times especially those specifically identified for focus by the General Manager. You will ensure an increased harmony and relationship exists between each function of the business. As Deputy GM you will ensure each team is consistently performing to their maximum capacity and the highest level of standards are always provided, whilst assisting the General Manager in the daily operation of this high performing park.
As Deputy General Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- You will assist the General Manager and be accountable for the operation of all areas of the park in accordance with company standards of product, presentation and service.
- Ensuring effective means of managing within agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs.
- Working closely with the GM to determine and implement strategies to maximize sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments with a strong focus on holiday home sales.
- Utilizing and interacting with the resources of Central Support functions.
- Providing detailed and timely information, as required by other company personnel and ensure distribution of information and data to relevant people, generating appropriate action plans when required.
- Operating the park according to company policies and procedures and statutory legal requirements.
- Developing and improving the operating methods of the park and encourage the management and staff teams to participate in achieving, maintaining and monitoring high quality, customer-focused service, providing an experience for customers which leads to increased customer satisfaction, return visits and increased profitability of the park.
- Ensuring all customer complaints (Owners & Holiday Makers) are dealt with swiftly to a satisfactory outcome for both the business and customer, with a key focus on future prevention of the same incident.
- Assisting the GM with development and rollout of plans & strategy for the park to ensure budgets are achieved annually.
- Working in conjunction with the General Manager, effectively managing and leading the development of our people, whilst ensuring full utilization of PI Reviews and where appropriate personal development plans.
- Ensuring all staff are recruited in accordance with HR policies and relevant statutory legislation and that all staff receive all required training in health and safety, hygiene, job skills with access to further development coaching and training as required.
- Communicating the vision and budgetary requirements of the company to staff members and provide feedback on park and company performance.
- Delivering on-park training as required, ensuring delivery is consistent and engaging in-line with company procedures. To provide additional coaching and development with individuals where appropriate.
- Ensuring the park and company as a whole are being promoted appropriately in the local vicinity, to position Parkdean Resorts as the employer of choice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job