REED Colchester are looking for a Deputy Editor to join leading business Publication Company in Colchester permanent on full time basis. (This role will be working on the global franchise department )
The successful applicant will work closely alongside the Editor to plan, develop and produce a dynamic magazine, website and social media presence.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, confident and articulate with a genuine interest in business. The franchising industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the international marketplace, and applicants will need to demonstrate that they are able to report on this with authority and keen attention to detail. As the dominant publication in an ever-evolving sector, Global Franchise demonstrates the highest levels of editorial style as well as an impressive commercial nous; the successful candidate will work closely with the magazine's advertising team to ensure both new and established advertising relationships continue to flourish.
They will have a flair for creating engaging and informative features in a contemporary style, the confidence to represent Global Franchise at industry events (from expos and media events to awards ceremonies), some of which will require international travel and overnight stays, and a hunger to be the first to report on the sector's most exciting news.
The role will see the successful candidate researching and writing news, features and commercial copy; conducting interviews with some of the industry's biggest names; producing engaging content and sector reports for the website, newsletters and all our social media platforms; working closely with the advertising and design teams; and deputising for the Editor when needed.
Excellent feature and news writing, subbing, proofing and interviewing skills
Robust research skills and a nose for a story
Flair for selecting appropriate imagery
Capability to produce strong social media and website posts
Ability to work as part of the Global Franchise team, including design and advertising departments
Experience shooting and editing video is desired
The candidate will ideally be educated to degree standard or equivalent and must be able to produce evidence of excellent written English skills in the form of previously published work.
• Researching and writing features
• Keeping up to date with industry news
• Researching and writing news stories for online and print
• Updating and analysing social media content daily
• Producing web reports and collating content for a weekly newsletter
• Subbing and proofing
• Bolstering the brand’s multimedia content, including video and podcasts
• Overseeing pages from start to finish, including liaising with advertisers and designers
• Attending shows and meetings in and out of house, and networking with the industry
• Helping with marketing, social media and content creation surrounding the Global Franchise Awards
• Responsible to the editor and supporting the editor
• Providing support for commercial activity
• Deputising in the absence of the editor
• International travel
£21,000 per annum
Full-time, permanent, office-based (Colchester)
Monday – Friday (9am – 17.30pm)
If you are interested and have what it takes coupled with the required experience, Call Emma White – REED, Colchester on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'