Deputy Court Custody Manager
- Assist the Court Custody Manager in managing and engaging a team to provide a safe and secure environment within the custodial areas of the court for prisoners to ensure their welfare in compliance with all contractual requirements and ensure all GEOAmey Policy and procedures are implemented to achieve business objectives and deputise in their absence.
Needs to do:
- Understand the role of the CCM and be able to deliver that role alongside them and in their absence taking on their full responsibilities.
- Manage absence in accordance with the absence management policy.
- Must read the Weekly Operations Update every week and all other communications from the Company to keep up to date with regular updates to Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practices.
- Respond to emails within the allocated timeframe.
- Provide cover for courts within the cluster as directed by ABM/CCM.
- Ensure the Custodial Areas are safe, secure and in adherence with GEOAmey policies.
- Lead, manage and coach team members within the Court.
- Securely escort people in custody whilst in court including to the dock, on legal visits and during comfort breaks.
- Daily allocation of staff to meet the operational task, and ensuring full optimisation of resources including maintaining Kronos in absence of CCM.
- Ensure that GEOtrack is correctly completed using the technology provided.
- Daily briefings are completed before commencement of each shift.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are managed, updated and communicated where necessary.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies within their area including potential use of physical force to control and restrain when required.
- Liaise with all external stakeholders as required, ensuring that contractual issues are resolved and mutual understanding and co-operation is achieved.
- External Stakeholders e.g. Police, HM Prison Service, MoJ
- Operational Managers -General Managers / Area Business Managers
- GEOAmey Employees
- Suppliers to GEOAmey & HMCTS
- Operational Support Centre
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines, as well as being a flexible team player who can step up to leading the team in the absence of the CCM.
- Up to date knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and GEOAmey Policies.
- Strong persuading and influencing skills and a positive and practical attitude.
- Relevant IT skills.
- Ability to think ahead, plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service focus
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast paced environment
- Flexible approach
o Organization and planning skills
o Effective Management of People
o Coaching Skills
o Work management and prioritising skills
o Effective verbal and written communication skills
o Effective Problem solving
o Accuracy and Attention to detail
- All roles within GEOAmey are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring both Ministry of Justice Enhanced Level Clearance and an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
- The job holder is required to be complete the necessary paperwork to complete the vetting process. Any offers of employment are subject to the relevant vetting clearances being obtained. Security and Vetting Decisions are made by the Vetting Outcome Decision Makers at the MOJ Shared Service Centre and not by GEOAmey.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'