Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
A British outsourcing organisation with bases throughout the UK, Continental Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America. Our client specialises in transport, aviation, military weapons, detention centres, call centres and schools on behalf of multiple public and private customers.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Deputy Company Secretaryfor a 14 Monthcontract based in Hook, Hampshire.
This appointment represents an opportunity to take on a senior leadership role within the organisation working with other senior members of the Group including members of the plc Board and the Executive Committee.
Reporting to the Group General Counsel and Group Company Secretary, the core purpose of the role is to support the Group Company Secretary in ensuring the Group is fully compliant with UK Listing requirements and that all subsidiaries are compliant with regulatory, legislative and other requirements.
- To provide technical input as required to the Group General Counsel & Company Secretary to ensure that the plc Board and its Committees are striving for best practice UK Corporate Governance standards
- Statutory Reporting including the Group Annual Report and Accounts, plus input into subsidiary statutory accounts as required
- Attends all Board Meetings and Committee meetings and ensures the effective execution of Company general meetings, in particular the Annual General Meeting
- Manages the production and completion of the Annual Report & Accounts
- To ensure appropriate Group policies, procedures and systems (SMS) are put in place across the Group and to oversee compliance against these requirements working closely with the Group Head of Internal Audit and Regional management.
- To review and offer guidance on parental support requirements underpinning contracts/bidding activity
- To monitor the effectiveness of delegated authorities and initiate changes as required
- To ensure all UK Company filings are made in a timely and efficient manner, including annual returns, statutory accounts.
In order to be successful in this role you will possess all or some of the below criteria:
- Member of the ICSA or legal qualifications
- The highest level of integrity is required in this position along with an exceptionally professional attitude.
- Exceptional leadership qualities with evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to fully understand and convey complex ideas simply
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.