We are currently looking to recruit a Deputy Home Manager to work on a permanent basis for our client, at a children’s residential home based in Shropshire.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and support to staff teams to ensure high quality therapeutic care is delivered to young people. The successful candidate will act as leader, role model and co-ordinator of shifts.
• To help develop the staff team’s knowledge and understanding of practices and processes, taking the lead, directing and co-ordinating as required.
• To attend internal and external professionals meetings as required.
• To participate in staff meetings and clinical consultation as required, taking a lead in constructive and meaningful engagement with these processes.
• To keep up to date accurate records for the young people, actively monitoring quality and providing frequent feedback to staff teams in this regard.
• To take a lead in co-ordinating the homes rota to manage effectively yours and others training commitments and annual leave responsibilities.
• To participate in the on-call rota
• To make use of regular supervision and provide supervision to others as directed.
• To be accountable for the homes petty cash and ensure financial systems and processes are followed correctly, actively monitoring, providing feedback to individuals and line manager in this regard.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Basic understanding of the principle of childcare legislation
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Good interpersonal/ social skills
• Punctual and reliable
• Ability to maintain boundaries
• Committed to self-development and learning
• Minimum two years’ experience as a care worker with young people.
• NVQ 3 Caring for Children and Young People or Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce Diploma or eqivalent
• Full Driving Licence
• Flexible (Travel/ Shift work)
• Able to work alone without direction.
For more information, please apply and a member of our team will be in touch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job