We have excellent opportunities available for Deputy Care Managers to join our client’s group of Children’s Homes located in Sussex and Surrey. To be considered for these roles you must have previous experience working within a Children’s Home and possess a full UK driving licence.
As Deputy Care Manager you will support the Registered Care Manager in the overall management of the home and with supervisory responsibilities within the team, promoting, safeguarding and caring for the welfare of the young people alongside having understanding and commitment that this care is provided in line with the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, The Guide to the Children’s Homes 2015, company policy, and ethos as required by our client’s Children’s Homes, School and OFSTED.
The Deputy Care Manager will be responsible for the home in the Care Manager’s absence undertaking full management and day to day responsibilities including:
• Support the Registered Care Manager in ensuring compliance and adhering to company Policy and Procedures.
• Support and manage the home during Ofsted Inspections, either to undertake a proactive approach, oversee the running of the home and support the manager.
• Deputise/ act up for the Registered Care Manager in their absence (e.g. holidays, sickness over 1 week)
• Ensure that the young people’s needs are recognised and met where possible, ensuring that they are free from discrimination within the home and to challenge discrimination from outside of the home.
• Make sure that the home provides an environment that is safe and sensitive to the needs of the young people being looked after.
• Supporting the young people in stressful situations or crisis and working within the behaviour management policy within the company.
• Be instrumental in overseeing the development, monitoring and implementation of the individual young people’s care plans and case files.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with parents, social workers, schools within the company and other professionals involved with the welfare of the young people.
• Meeting the specific needs of the young people i.e. religious observance, cultural needs, dietary requirements and any medical conditions and their treatment
• Support each young person in learning to take responsibility for their actions within their understanding and according to age and ability.
• Attend training and support manager in ensuring staff attend required training.
To be successful for the position of Deputy Care Manager you will be able to / have:
• Build appropriate relationships with young people and develop and maintain good communications
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and all significant parties in a young person’s life i.e. families, social workers, professional organisations.
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing e.g. reports, paperwork
• Previous experience working with adolescents with challenging behaviour
• Good knowledge of Children’s Act 1989 & Children’s Homes Regulations 2015
• Experience with and understanding of Ofsted
• Knowledge of Child Protection procedures
• Experience of leading shifts in a care setting
Salary & Hours
For the role of Deputy Care Manager you will receive:
• A salary of £29,095 to £32,092 pa inclusive of night payments
• Excellent benefits
• Holiday entitlement of 5.6 weeks per annum
The hours of work are an average of 42 hours per week, working a five-week rolling rota pattern of ‘two days on, three days off’. You are required to work any day of the week and to sleep-in at the home when on duty.
How to Apply
Please note that CV applications or calls from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
In accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Registered, care, manager, social, care, support, worker, children, childcare