Deputy Care Home Manager
Location: Sutton Valence, ME17 3LS
Salary: RNLD £27 - £31.4 LV3-5 £23.1 - £26.5
Contract: 37.5 hours per week, Permanent Position, shift work, On-call
We are Cartref Homes and we are recruiting.
We are a leading care home provider, in 25 years of operation the company has become highly regarded for effectively developing people's lives through personalised, dynamic, and thoughtful care.
We are a small, progressive, and development-oriented provider of high-quality care services based in Kent.
Deputy Care Home Manager - About the Role
In our Sutton End service based in the rural outskirts of Maidstone, we support 6 tenants with Autism, Learning Disability, Mental Health, and complex needs.
As the Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Manager in the day-to-day activities of running the home and assist in leading the team to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of the tenants:
- Assume full responsibility in the absence of the Registered Manager
- Ensure care plans and risk assessments are reviewed and updated as required
- Team supervision, coaching and development to maximise their performance and potential
- Completing staff rotas and managing annual leave
- Attend professional meetings and contribute to written reports
- Monitor and ensure the welfare and safety of others in accordance with Health and Safety protocol.
We need a Deputy Care Home Manager who can live our values:
Make every moment count
we love to see the people we support smile; we do all we can to help the people we support get the most out of everyday
Everyone is different, we want you to assist get the best out of our staff and the people we support, promoting each individual’s independence, choice dignity and privacy
While the day-to-day things need to be done, we support our staff in finding fun in getting them done, we want our homes to be happy places to live and work
We encourage our staff teams to be creative and innovative in the way things are done. We want our managers to listen to their staff and share ideas
We have an excellent reputation for the services we provide. We provide excellent induction and sector leading training to deliver our aims and you will be fully supported in readying you for the next step in your career.
Go the extra mile
We do not shy away from a challenge. We work with families, medical professionals and stakeholders to help the people we support achieve their dreams and support our staff to progress in their careers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate would:
- Be a Qualified Mental Health/LD Registered Nurse or either have or be willing to work towards QCF level 5 IN HSC Leadership and Management
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive and caring attitude.
- Have a minimum of 2 years managerial experience and a proven track record of successful care and support management of services for individuals with complex needs in a management role.
- Demonstrate positive values towards people with intellectual disabilities and mental health problems
- Have a good working knowledge of CQC regulations and standards
- Have knowledge and experience of using Positive Behavioural Support approaches
- Have clear, open and transparent leadership skills
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to the service, its team and tenants
- Have a full UK driving licence is required due to location so you must have access to vehicle.
Why join OUR team:
- Competitive salary
- Annual leave - 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, plus longevity enhancement scheme
- DBS check - we cover the cost of your DBS check
- Wellbeing support, advice and guidance
- Qualifications - we can support you obtain a QCF
- Staff referral scheme - earn £100 for referring a friend into a support worker position
- Induction - comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Employee of the Month - each month we recognise an employee for their hard work and commitment
- Staff lottery - once a month draw
- Long service awards
- Pension option
- Health scheme - employees receive at no cost standard health insurance and have the option to buy in for increased benefits
- Blue Light benefits
- Onsite parking
- Free meals
- You will be highly valued for the work you do, and we highly regard a good work/home life balance.
We can’t wait to have you join our team!
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you feel you have the relative skills and experience necessary to be successful within this role then click on 'APPLY’ today forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please.
- Care Manager
- Registered Nurse
- Deputy Care Manager
- Registered Care Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'