Deputy Care Home Manager
An excellent opportunity for a Deputy Care Home Manager to join a well established Private Care Home on the boarders of Essex and London.
The role of the Deputy Care Home Manager is to ensure that the Private Care Home provides a person centred service to all their residents, building relationships with them, their families and the local community. Enabling every individual to remain independent and have choices which meet their personal needs. The Deputy Care Home Manager will be accountable for making sure that the service provided is delivered in line with all current legislation and policies and that all Staff are trained and supported to deliver to the Private Care standard.
Hours: 39 hours per week, worked on a rota basis including days and weekends.
- Encourage service users to maintain their independence by understanding their needs and limitations enabling the service to create opportunities to express these fully.
- Participate in the care planning process for service users to ensure their needs are fully understood, agreed, documented and delivered to the agreed standard.
- Facilitate and lead activities where required working with colleagues to assist in the provision of an environment which is motivating and stimulating for all service users and which reflects their cultural needs.
- Lead an effective, motivated and effective team providing excellent person centred care focused on relationships to all service users ensuring Care continues to promote meaningful lives.
- Manage the residential care worker team within the home through reflective practice and regular and timely supervision and performance reviews, so that all Care Staff are fully supported to be effective in their jobs.
- Promote and maintain good channels of communication amongst the Team and between service users, family members, volunteers, and Staff.
- Oversee the effective management of the Unit including the rota, handover process, medication management, doctors rounds, end of life care and communication with families. Auditing the unit to ensure the service is being delivered to Care standards and in line with all policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of practise to meet CQC requirements and legislative directives.
- Deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence
- Maintain good links with the Care’s support services
- Actively promote and demonstrate excellent Care values
What you'll need:
- RGN or RMN registered with NMC
- NVQ or QCF level 4
- Previous experience working with older people and leading a team in a Private Care Home environment (Essential)
- Proven experience of being responsible for the day to day management of a Care environment (Essential)
- Experience of security and building management (Desirable)
- Experience of administration of medicine (Essential)
- Experience of dealing with emergency care (Essential)
- Ability to use initiative appropriately and work independently without direct supervision, knows when to ask for support
The Private Care Home offers excellent benefits and training to all Staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 days annual leave, Pension Scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
The Private Care Home is a leading communal organisation. They are the one of the largest chain of Private Care Homes in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community with physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. They care and support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and more.
The Private Care Home aim to make a positive impact on the lives of people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
They are a proud to be a multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
- RGN or RMN
- Deputy Care Home Manager
- Private Care Home Manager