DPD is the UK’s leading time-critical parcel delivery carrier providing both national and international delivery services. We combine fantastic people, amazing service, innovative products and state of the art technology to deliver an incredible customer experience. As a multiple award-winning business, we’re also recognised as a great organisation to join!
We are delighted to commence recruitment for our brand-new Depot in Lancaster, which will be opening Summer 2018. We are looking for highly motivated Shift Managers who:
- Thrive working within a pressured, fast paced and time-bound environment
- Are comfortable work to strict KPI’s
- Can effectively manage and motivate their teams
- Are passionate about delivering a quality service
- Demonstrate the DPD DNA of Respect, Accountability, Passion, Flexibility, Hard Work and Honesty
DPD operates across 7 days so you will need to be flexible to work 5 shifts from 7 to include weekends.
Shift Managers - AM Function (Working Nights)
Primarily responsible for ensuring that the Warehouse Operatives are engaged, well managed and fully organised, so that the unloading of lorries and the accurate sortation of parcels is achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Shift Managers -Collections and Delivery Function (Working Early Morning to Afternoon)
Primary focus will be the smooth management of the Collections & Delivery function/process. Supervising a team of franchised drivers who operate on a self-employed basis within the depot, you’ll ensure all delivery & collection routes are properly set and that drivers scan and load their vans for delivery in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Shift Manager - PM Function (Working Afternoons to Evenings)
Primarily responsible for overseeing the accurate processing of Collections and Returns and undertaking driver debriefs, as well as ensuring relevant systems and reports are analysed and updated in a timely manner and that inbound customer service queries are answered and dealt with successfully.
To succeed in these roles, prior experience of managing teams within a parcel distribution or similarly related industry would be preferable and you’ll also need to:
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal, with strong and decisive decision-making, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a good level of computer literacy, as well as the ability to monitor performance and analyse data.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- The Right To Work in the UK - This will be checked
- A full UK Driving Licence - This will be checked
- No criminal convictions - This will be checked
In addition to the competitive salary and bonus, DPD offers genuine personal development and career progression. We have ambitious growth plans and we actively encourage promotion from within and that's why so many of our managers began at the ground level of our company.
DPD actively promotes its Dignity at Work Policy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job