Are you an experienced Depot Manager?
Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
If so, we have an excellent management opportunity for a Depot | Service Manager to lead local operations at our Cambridge Customer Support Centre.
If you are looking for a position with genuine opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential. We have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
As Depot | Service Manager you will be responsible for the operational and commercial performance of the depot in all areas of aftermarket activity (parts sales and machine repair and servicing).
You will have a strong commercial focus and will lead and manage the depot team ensuring that they deliver a high level of performance and customer service to achieve targets and increase revenue and profitability within the depot.
Using your knowledge of the construction plant industry a key part of this role will be developing effective customer relationships by understanding their needs and requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To provide leadership and direction.
- Deliver effective operational and commercial performance within the depot.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to customers.
- To drive business growth across the depot.
- To generate and monitor targets.
- To manage costs and efficiencies within the depot.
- To provide clear leadership and direction.
- To develop employee engagement.
- Encourage & coach direct reports
- To promote the company to customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure effective performance management is delivered across the depot.
- To support direct reports on the effective management of people related issues
- To be responsible for the recruitment of staff.
- To actively promote and support the company apprenticeship scheme.
- To ensure appropriate and timely problem resolution, both internally and externally.
- To work closely with other depot managers across the company.
Depot Manager | Service Manager | Construction Equipment | Volvo | Service Centre Manager | Heavy Plant | ManagementEssential Skills
We're looking for a confident, talented, seasoned Depot Manager.
You will be able to provide evidence of excellent people management skills.
You will also have a minimum of a level 3 qualification in management, have a working knowledge of current Health and Safety good practice, and a sound knowledge of the construction plant industry.Benefits:
Competitive rates of pay, Bonus Scheme, Company Car, Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, On-site Medicals, Employee Discounts, 33 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays).Desirable SkillsAbout Company
We are a premium distributor and aftersales partner for Volvo Construction Equipment.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
- Heavy Plant
- Construction Equipment
- Service Center Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job