One of the UK`s Largest Toolmaking Company
To be responsible for the efficient, profitable and safe running of the Depot. Managing the functions within the branch autonomously with support from the head office functions, Compliance Team and of course the Group Operation Manager. You would be expected to manage the Depot colleagues to full effect to achieve sales and operational KPI’s.
- Grow sales and increase margin.
- Manage and maintain a profitable depot.
- Ensure smooth running of all functions within the depot.
- Manage and motivate staff effectively.
- Report on depot performance according to company requirements.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to staff and customers.
- Adhere to the processes located within the depot manual.
- Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety.
- Seek to continuously develop knowledge of customer and competitor activity.
- Maintain and manage a high quality of customer service.
- Comprehensive control of stock.
- Maximise the efficiency of deliveries on van.
- Keep vehicle roadworthy and legal.
- Provide an efficient and effective service to customers.
- Working to set targets.
- To perform any other task that is of a reasonable request in line with the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a Trade Counter environment within the Building Products/PVC industry with knowledge on product base.
2 years plus experience of driving sales to achieve operational KPI’s.
Experience of creating, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders e.g. employees and customers.
Knowledge, skills and ability
Ability to manage, influence and motivate a team of depot operatives to achieve targets set.
Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
An ability to provide visible and supportive leadership and to foster a positive work environment through empowering, enabling, motivating and developing others.
Personally Effective – excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate.
Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Highly motivated and not easily discouraged.
Demonstrate commitment to achieve results and works hours as required to ensure required performance is attained.
Full Clean Driving Licence.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV.
We offer a £100 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job