Bennett and Game are currently working with a leading Waste Management company actively seeking a Depot Manager to join their expanding team in the Manchester location.
Our client are leaders in the Waste Management industry and offer total commercial and private waste solutions covering the North West.
Depot Manager Position Overview
The Depot Manger is responsible for the smooth, efficient, and compliant running of all operational activities within Transport, including Health and Safety, the Operator's Licence, the Waste Carriers Licence, and the Environmental Permit.
- Hold the Operator's Licence for all operational depot(s).
- Strong, hands-on leadership responsibility for the Transport Team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operational depots including site maintenance and repairs, traffic and container management.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of key business objectives for the Transport Team.
- Manage, motivate, and develop the Transport Team in line with our strategic aim to become a great place to work.
- Responsible for ensuring that each direct reporting line delivers against agreed targets and for overseeing the creation of training or action plans to address any shortfalls.
- Identify strategic opportunities to enhance the business and improve the operation in terms of route efficiencies, cost savings, customer service, productivity, and profitability.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to influence, support and implement growth strategies.
- Manage department budget and actively challenge any overspend.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditure supported by a documented business case.
- Produce Board Reports to evidence department performance and contribution to business objectives.
- Ultimately responsibility for the recruitment and training of new employees with appropriate support from HR.
Depot Manager Position Requirements
- Transport Managers CPC - Essential
- IOSH qualification
- HGV Licence - Desirable
- NEBOSH - Desirable
- WAMITAB - Desirable
- Waste Management experience is highly desirable
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to lead, develop, manage and motivate a team
- A commercial, continuous improvement mind-set
Depot Manager Position Remuneration
- Mon - Fri Position
- Salary DOE - Circa £35-45k
- Excellent job security
- Excellent career progression
- Parking on-site
- Competitive holiday and pension schemes
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'