An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Depot Manager to join an ever growing business in the Luton area. You will ideally have experience of working in a distribution warehouse to drive continuous improvement and help streamline warehouse operations.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for all aspects of budgetary control, health and safety, depot KPIs, operational quality and customer service, housekeeping, staff training and continuous improvement. Some of the main responsibilities
- Management of the operation to achieve all site KPIs to agreed targets, especially health & safety, housekeeping, stock control and accuracy, productivity, site security, quality and customer service in order to meet overall company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all laid down Company Procedures and Systems in particular, Health & Safety, ISO 9002 Quality Standard, Investors in People, Legal requirements, Site Discipline, Stock Control and Operational Effectiveness.
- To develop and manage all personnel areas including recruitment, training and discipline effectively.
- To have effective liaison with all colleagues, workforce, visitors and customers, to promote and improve service and develop good working relationships.
- To be an effective member of the management teams for the two businesses that Luton distribute for.
- To contribute to, and implement where necessary, the company's Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Ensure that communications are maintained at the highest possible level, keeping the management team informed of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
- The workplace must be kept neat and tidy at all times and all waste material or product dealt with, as directed, in a prompt manner
Job Role: Depot Manager
Salary: £40,000 + Car
Type: Permanent role
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
If you are interested in applying for this position, please either email Ashley Bane on ashleyb @ Macildowie.com or contact him directly on .
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.