Facilities by ADF are looking for a Depot Manager to join their team based in Hampshire.
Job Title: Depot Manager
Location: Bordon, Hampshire
Salary: £34,000 - £37,000
Facilities by ADF provides serviced vehicle hire for television and film productions in the UK and Europe, specialising in on-location support for dramas and major features.
A customer focused site manager is required for our depot in Bordon, Hampshire.
Depot Manager – The Job:
You`ll be fully responsible for ensuring customers receive an exceptional product and service, whilst ensuring all Health and Safety and Compliance requirements are adhered to. You must be a strong leader with a continuous improvement mind set and be familiar with change management. To succeed, you will have a keen eye for attention to detail and must be able to meet all last minute customer requests whilst remaining calm under the pressure so that excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance are always achieved.
The site operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a team of around 50 staff made up of planners, mechanics, cleaners and drivers all supporting a hireable fleet of 350 trucks and trailers.
Depot Manager - Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the control of Health & Safety and compliance across the site
- Ensure accident and incident reporting policy and procedures are followed
- Perform vehicle handovers to the service provider informing them of all relevant vehicle information, obtaining their signature to certify receipt of kit and recording any damage
- Ensure all equipment arrives with the customer on time, serviced and fully functional
- Lead, motivate and mentor the team so that all objectives are delivered. Recruit staff when necessary
- Scheduling the onsite team efficiently to manage workload and resources during peaks and troughs in the work schedule, maximising all resource utilisation
- Liaise with Sales, Operations, Transport, Accounts departments on daily basis to ensure customer requirements are supplied at the company’s standards
- Maintain and develop relationships with sub-contractors, agency staff and clients
- Ensure all workflow and labour forecasts are submitted in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the Team in creating and delivering great communications to provide everyone with a two way information flow
- Manage absence, grievance and disciplinary issues
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies within the site, recommending and implementing changes. Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Carry out other duties that management may reasonably require you to undertake that are not specifically listed above
Depot Manager - Essential Requirements:
- Strong Management skills and experience of leading a team
- Experience of providing exceptional customer service
- International Transport Managers CPC – you will be the named CPC Manager for the site
- Flexible in working hours to ensure contact time with day, evening and weekend shifts and be available for ‘out of hours’ communication where the need arises
- IT Literate – Must currently use Excel on a daily basis
- Must be well versed in ACAS code of practice and have experience of disciplinary procedures.
- IOSH/NEBOSH (Desirable)
- Experience with R2C (Desirable)
Depot Manager - Benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Discounts at High Street Retailers
To submit your CV for this exciting Depot Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job