Title: Depot Manager
Reporting to: Company Director/Contracts Manager, Retford
- The Company:
Our client is a highly successful company based in the East midlands. Aspiring to be the number 1 traffic management labour supplier in the UK, our client supplies a varied range of specialist labour to meet any and all traffic management requirement. Whether it’s motorway maintenance workers or event management, they have the turnkey solution to all planning needs for specialist traffic management labour.
The company’s core values include honesty, to excel in gaining respect from their employees, teamwork and a commitment to building long term relationships with customers. They strive to provide a reliable, affordable service that is second to none.
- The Role
The Depot Manager, Tuxford, will own and be responsible for the effective and efficient administration of contract management activities, liaising with all the team to ensure communication is clear and procedures are adhered to enabling the Senior Management to see whether the delivery of contracts and all partners are on track to create a quality service. As a member of the team, the post will be expected to work across departmental boundaries and support the development of new contracts
- Key Responsibilities
- Support the contract and partner managers in all aspects of day to day contract management
- Set up and maintain the administrative arrangements for effective and efficient contract management, including stakeholder communication, governance, performance monitoring, payments and file/records management
- Conduct contractual monitoring, identifying and initiating remedies for data quality issues to support the provision of assurance of service delivery in line with strategy and contract and report on compliance and delivery performance
- Ensure all policies and procedures and contract mechanisms are properly applied by the team
- Maintain accurate and up to date logs of issues, risks, change controls, actions and meeting minutes, ensure that actions are followed up in a timely fashion
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the management team to ensure a consistent commercial approach is taken, interdependencies are managed effectively, and a rich understanding of performance is developed and reported to commissioners and members
- Identify problems early and intervene appropriately to understand causes and collaboratively develop solutions, initiating remedial/improvement activity as required
- Assist the intercompany managers to intervene, analyse, manage and resolve business conflicts with delivery units and partners
- Engage with compliance to inform and audit activity and provide the information required for it to undertake its duties to assure that operational procedures are fit for purpose.
- In addition, general responsibilities as a Manager include
- To promote a professional image of the company and themselves at all times.
- Identify and undertake initiatives aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness throughout the company.
- To maintain, develop and use appropriate electronic systems/working practices for the benefit of the company.
- Work with and support other team members as required ensuring an efficient and effective service is developed and delivered.
- Provide management information as required for company use.
- You will be expected to contribute to the QHSE/ISO procedures of the company.
- To understand and be fully committed to the company’s mission, core values and goals.
- You will be expected to seek ways of updating and improving personal skills, knowledge and understanding of your own job role. The company will undertake regular appraisals with all staff to ensure individuals’ personal and professional development needs are met. The company will offer training and development appropriate to individual and company needs.
- The Person
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Depot Manager with good experience of Traffic Management, knowledge of relevant legislation affecting traffic management/transport operations and strong Management/Leadership ability to include: -
- 2 or more years experience in traffic management
- Management and organisational skills
- Strong negotiating skills allied to good commercial awareness
- Efficient presentation and communication skills.
- Focus and attention to detail
- Solid industry networks.
- The capacity to meet targets and deadlines
- The capacity to meet deadlines.
- Must be decisive, with solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work strategically towards expansion, growth and consolidation.
- Preserve and improve the company’s procedures and policies with an understanding of Continuous Improvement.
- Must be computer literate and able to become competent in the application and use of the companies’ in-house system.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a variety of changing situations within the environment
- Salary £20- 30k, depending on experience etc.
- Contract Management
- Traffic Management